How can we help?
We can be of tremendous assistance in helping you to establish or expand your pan-European food operation. In the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, companies like Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Danone, Iams, McCain, Monsanto and many other agro-food businesses found a partner with proven knowledge of, and experience with, all issues that foreign investors in the Netherlands might encounter, and one who can, quickly and on a confidential basis.
Our Services & Solutions
- Set up preliminary in-person meetings and provide up-to-date, personalized information on the Netherlands in general, relevant business locations, Dutch legislation and tax regulations, labor issues, permit procedures, governmental incentives, and many other subjects
- Offer personal guidance and counseling, starting in the country of origin, regarding site selection and logistics strategies, tax structures, labor, and permits
- Arrange contacts with relevant business partners, government authorities, a variety of Dutch networks and service suppliers, and other relevant contacts in the investment process
- Organize customized fact-finding trips in close cooperation with its network of regional economic development partners
- Support the preservation and further enhancement of a favorable Dutch investment climate
- Present concrete solutions that simplify and optimize establishment in the Netherlands
- Provide matchmaking assistance for foreign technology companies seeking European partners
- Deliver advocacy towards national and EU governments
Talk to a Specialist
Since November of 2010, Peter Folstar and Nico Overbeeke have been working with the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency’s food team. Peter and Nico’s focus is on foreign companies active in all segments of the agro-food chain that are looking for a foothold in Europe — and for engagement with the Netherlands’ agro-food industry.
These companies will find an unparalleled environment of support for their innovative activities, while the Dutch agro-food chain will grow stronger through their presence. A real win-win situation.
Peter Folstar, firstname.lastname@example.org Before joining the NFIA, Peter Folstar founded and managed the Netherlands Genomics Initiative (NGI), a €750 million public/private partnership program aimed at building the knowledge infrastructure as a foundation for life sciences and genomics-related research and business.
At the same time, Peter was a visiting professor for Knowledge and Innovation Management at Wageningen University. Before NGI, he was a member of the Board of Management of TNO (the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research, which has a yearly turnover of €600 million), and worked for food companies Heinz and Borden as R&D director.
Peter holds a PhD in Food Science and Technology from Wageningen University.
Nico Overbeeke, email@example.com Nico Overbeeke has held a variety of positions at Unilever, starting in scientific research and moving into broader R&D management roles both within various operating companies and at the global level.
His last position before joining the NFIA was as VP Research Foods and Director Unilever R&D Vlaardingen. Nico holds a PhD in Microbiology from Utrecht University.
Both Peter and Nico have excellent expertise and extensive national and international networks in all segments of the agro-food chain. Please contact Peter or Nico with any questions or requests you may have regarding opportunities for your food company in the Netherlands.
Here is an interactive map that shows why the Netherlands stands out as a top global “cluster” of food excellence. See the “who’s who” of food and nutrition companies with operations in the Netherlands, as well as the major food-oriented university and research institutes located in the heart of Europe.
NFIA North America would be happy to provide you with more information about the Netherlands’ world-class capabilities in agro-food production, distribution, innovation, research and development; provide the names of companies already here; discuss partnership or business opportunities for your food company; or provide assistance in establishing or expanding your European food operations here. Simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q&A on Key Business Subjects
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions on setting up a business in the Netherlands. Including insights into labor, legal, taxation and corporate issues, commercial real estate, logistics, and living in the Netherlands, as well as resources/links for additional information.